Sunday 10 October 2010

Lids

But first...

Wow, what sad news about Solomon Burke's death. The man had such an incredible, soulful voice. If you don't know it, and even if you don't usually bother with my generally silly links, do yourself a favour and listen to this song anyway. And then do a search for more songs. Believe me, it's worth it.

----------

Ok, so on a lighter note: lids. My father (who occasionally reads this nonsense... so... um... hi, Dad) has a slightly annoying habit of not putting the lids tightly on containers before putting them in the fridge. This bugs me because I have the habit (well, actually more of an ability) of accidentally knocking things off the fridge shelves while reaching for something else.

Yeah. Guess who was picking leftover mashed potatoes up off of the floor at eight in the morning today? With, of course, appropriate potato-picking language.

Some of us will never learn, I suppose. Move things instead of just trying to reach behind them. It saves you potato-picking time in the end.

Anyway, in honour of lids, I'm choosing to finish this post with a link to the only lid song I know. At least offhand. And yes, I know that I've most likely linked to it before, but that's not going to stop me from linking to it again. I'm officially the Department of Redundancy Department, you know.

And with that: lids. Enjoy it more than I enjoy picking potatoes off of the floor, all right?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails