Friday 18 February 2011

Stupid cold

I have way too many uses in my life for the phrase stupid cold. Often enough it's because I'm getting frustrated about having a cold, but this time of year?

Weather.

It's stupid cold outside.

Again.

And I'm tired of it.

I'm tired of having to plug in the car (and incidentally? If you're from a place that doesn't get stupid cold and you visit here, don't assume that Canada's leading the world in electric cars. Those plugs you'll see are for our block heaters, because when it's stupid cold you need to heat your engine block before you attempt to start your car. Yes, really). I'm tired of having to dress for a polar expedition before I think about going anywhere. I'm tired of long underwear and wool sweaters -- yes, even though yesterday was National Sweater Day -- and I'm tired of white and grey.

Not at all obvious from the last two days' flower photos, I suppose. And I hope that everyone notices today's bonus spider.

Anyway. I think being tired of winter has put me in a bit of a blogging funk (well, that and the scattered amount of time I've had to blog lately), and I apologise to those of my two fans who are getting massively bored of the whole thing.

I am too, really. Bored of me making lame blog posts.

Well, I'll try to come up with something good and blathery on the weekend. In the meantime, and for those of you who aren't shy of reading about lady parts, this post (which, um, was the link I sent to Wheat the other day, if you'll recall) is one of the funniest things I've read in a while. Her blog's pretty good in general, actually, if you're looking for something to amuse yourself with until I can figure out how to be semi-entertaining again...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails