Monday 8 August 2011

Chapter 1402: Wherein Dee realises that she hasn't blogged yet today

My two fans will remember that evening blogging never goes all that well for me (not that blogging in general has been happening anyway lately... but I digress). It's kind of like I have this mental period for blogging -- let's say two hours either side of noon -- and if that period's over then that's it until the next day.

That's right folks. I'm like the NASA launch window of the blog world. Erm... NASA does still launch things even though the shuttle program's done, right? Yeah, I was pretty sure that they did.

Anyway, as she always says when she's trying to come up with a thought (c'mon, thought. Any thought will do). I didn't blog in my usual blog window today because I was far too busy doing...

Um...

What was I doing, exactly? I think I'm going to have to take this in point form:
  • Eating store-bought banana bread (it was what was on hand) for breakfast while catching up on some e-mails and other internet things that I'd missed over the past week.
  • Moving on to today's internet nonsense once that was all cleared up.
  • Doodling a pumpkin flower for Illustration Friday (Yes, I know that it's Monday. They give you an entire week, you know).
  • Complaining to my father while waiting for each layer to dry that I don't know how to paint.
  • Singing. That, erm, happens generally, but it happens even more when I'm doodling because I usually have music on while I do it.
  • Making a bad scan of said flower and posting it to the other blog and IF. Which... well, see the other blog if you're at all interested. And hey! I did post already today! Just not here, was all.
  • Having lunch. No banana bread that time.
  • Braving the mosquitoes in the yard to take some new pointless photos, since the stash on my nerdstick was getting pretty low.
  • Editing the photos.
  • Editing the snot out of the poorer photos (ahem. See example above) because I found it amusing to pretend that I was a digital artist.
  • Singing.
  • Helping with dinner (banana breadless).
  • Eating dinner.
  • Digesting dinner.
  • Telling my father that I should probably blog, and mentioning that my last blog post was about pear-scented underarms.
And now? Typing nonsense. And singing. And, occasionally, chair dancing -- but only if it's a really good song. Hard to type and chair dance at the same time.

Why all the singing? Because I like it, obviously. And for whatever reason, I like to have something to sing to while I'm doodling. Habit, I suppose. It's usually 60s or 70s stuff because that's what I grew up with (I'd say I'm dating myself, but dating yourself is always such a messy affair) and I know most of the words. It's harder to sing along when I don't know the words, but given this family's habit for substituting other words in songs that we do know, you can imagine that I'll fake my way through almost anything as long as no one's there to notice that I haven't got a clue what I'm on about.

Kind of like now, I guess.

Where the heck was I, again? Oh, right. Nattering about staying busy all day without actually doing anything. A true talent, I'm sure you'll agree. And regular fans will notice the glaring omission of doing the laundry. It would have been too much to add to the schedule, don't you think?

Besides, I did it last night. It's fairly humid here (for here. Those of you who live in actual humidity would probably think that this is a parched desert), and I wanted to give my hangables a fair chance to dry before taking the last bit of dampness out with the dryer tomorrow. They're hanging here in the basement, you see. There have been far too many storms lately to bother hanging them outside.

Not that I generally hang things outside in the best of weather, but it makes a good excuse. Never mind that I'm a drip-dry-in-the-spare-room sort of girl. That just sounds weird.




As does this post. Is it weird enough and long enough to be done yet? Hands up? Oh, wait. My house my rules, right? Well, then I vote that we're done.








Me 'n allllllll the voices...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails