Tuesday 23 August 2011

Lack of post of the day:

Yeah, I can already tell that I'm not into it today. I apparently slept crooked and have the headache to prove it. I've also spent the morning looking at Illustration Friday entries and listening to 70s rock (70s today, yes. I know I'm more usually 60s, but I guess I felt like going with my own childhood today instead of someone else's), and the usual no-thought-for-the-blog has happened as a result. On top of that, I'm getting kind of annoyed with whatever Google glitch is making the blogs load either really slowly or incompletely these past few days. I think it must be a Google thing, because my iGoogle page is wonky as well. If you're having a problem seeing this blog because of loading problems, it seems like stopping it and then reloading helps. I need to change my already slow-loading template anyway, so maybe this will be the kick in the butt to get me to do something about it in the next week or two.

So, there we are. Not exactly blogging mood. I do, however, have a spider for you (as you can see in today's pointless photo). This is big news, because with all the wet (and all the mosquitoes in the non-wet) this year it's been awful for someone who makes a hobby out of trying to hunt down spiders with an autofocus camera. They're all hiding, you see. I had a bit of luck yesterday, though, and found this beauty as I was shooting rose hips.

With the camera, of course.

It's pretty much my first spider of the summer, isn't it? Sad, that. Hopefully we'll have enough of an autumn that I can get a few pictures then.

To go back to being annoyed, unfortunately I have very little idea of what kind of spider it is. It stayed on the side view and refused to give me a better look than what you see here. For a compulsive cataloguer like me that's a hard thing to deal with. Finally, a spider... BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS.




And that last part needed to be in caps not only because I was annoyed at the spider, but because since I typed the part before it I've had to reboot the computer because of a program stall. This day is just out to annoy me, isn't it?

Ah well. I suppose I'd better post this thing before something else happens to annoy me even further. It ought to be a reeeeeally good drive back to my place after lunch...

2 comments:

Sparroweye said...

I have been trying to convince granddaughter Felicity that spiders are good and hummingbirds are not bumble bee's that will sting you. Two year olds are very literal. It's all or nothing with them. And grilled cheese.

Sparroweye said...

Although I am very live and let live concerning spiders. that is the type of spider that makes me cringe and if I run though his web, I go in the house, remove all clothes, comb hair and shudder. I am sure he does the same.

Related Posts with Thumbnails