Wednesday 2 May 2012

I promised a post, didn't I?

That might be a problem, since I'm in a bit of a topic dry spell. It seems like anything I post today would be a work whinge or an allergy whinge or a sore wrist whinge... does the world really need any more whinging?

By the way, I know that I say this every year when I post a similar pointless photo, but doesn't newly-sprouted rhubarb look a lot like green brains?

Maybe it's just me.

Erm, not that I look like green brains. Or that I'm newly-sprouted, for that matter.

Ok, how's this for a topic: I'll talk wrist but I'll try to make it as minorly whingy as possible. Will that work for anyone?

I really am dry here, folks.

I'm currently in the process of finding out that it's probably too early to be typing without a brace on, but I really didn't want the fun of hitting the ALT key repeatedly again just for a blog post that probably wasn't going anywhere anyway, so there it is. It feels... weird. And wrong. My wrist has got used to the security of being splinted up, so being without its protection is telling it to start complaining even if it's not really all that sore.

Yet.

It will be.

I should make it clear that this is a minor (emphasis on minor) sprain, so it's not all that bad compared to others I've had. I mean, at least I don't feel like my hand is going to fall off, so there's a blessing.

And for anyone who thinks I'm exaggerating about the limb-falling-off feeling? Well, that just makes it obvious that you've never had a bad sprain. Which, yay for you. Seriously. With my experience, given the choice between a bad sprain and a break, I'd take the break every time. Well, nearly every time. Obviously there's some things that I'd really very much rather not break. But bad sprains? Still not fun.

Any of my two fans who've been here long-term will know that I have a continually screwed-up ankle because of a very bad sprain back in Grade Nine (which, frankly, is long enough ago now than I care to even think about). That's how I know the feeling that your foot is somehow not connected to the rest of your body. It's very, very weird, because it's before the real swelling and the real pain sets in. It just feels utterly and entirely wrong. This is wrong, I know it's wrong, I shouldn't be walking on this wrong, but my idiot gym teacher can't be bothered to check to see if anything's really wrong wrong, I mean.

And I'm not going to go into the idiot gym teacher thing again. I'll save that rant for a time when my wrist isn't already starting to ache from being unsupported.

Incidentally, anyone who's never had to deal with a continuing injury after a sprain has also never had to deal with a life, of itchy, stinky braces. Which, again, yay for you. I hate braces, and I can currently smell that wrist brace that's beckoning from the other side of my desk all the way over here. It's delightful, I can assure you.

TMI? TDB.

Anyway, done with typing for now.

And it did end up to be a post, right?

Yay for me, this time.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

I use my blog specifically for whinging. It's how I get over myself. Well, and complaining. Same Same Same. I got knocked unconscious in softball in gym. Believe me, they noticed. I hated gym. Hated it. But I did it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails