Monday 29 March 2010

Chapter 1053: Wherein I Hate My Shoes

No pointless photo today. Blogger says the photothingy isn't working right, so I'm not even going to bother trying.

If you knew how much my head is hurting right now, you'd wonder why I'm bothering to blather at all...

Anyway, let's talk spring. There are many things I like about spring (especially the fact that it's not winter), but there are oh so many things I don't like. Like spring allergies, for example (which would be the reason for the headache). How fair is it to wait all flipping season for winter to be over only to be reminded that you're allergic to both snow moulds and poplar pollen? The first month or so of spring is hell for me, and that's just not right as far as I can tell.

I also find spring to be a pain.

Physically.

And I'm not looking forward to it.

It took me a stupidly long time to figure out why I'm always so sore at the beginning of spring, but in the end it all comes down to shoes. You see, I'm pretty wedded to my boots all winter. When you have the balance that I do (i.e. not really much balance at all) you don't need to be risking your neck (or at least your arse) by going out without winter boots on. I tend to wear winter mocs unless it's really cold, and since they're more or less just insulated running shoes with good grip, it's not a big deal to spend my day in them.

I can pretty much get through a whole winter without wearing shoes. Strange but true.

The problem comes when it's time to put the winter mocs away and wear shoes like a normal person, though. Shoes, no matter how good they are, are never going to have the support of a boot. Ever. So what happens is that my screwed-up ankle spends all winter getting pampered in a boot, and then screams bloody murder when I expect it to do its job in a shoe.

I'll be spending a good couple of weeks hating my shoes, just so that you know.

And hating spring.





Juuust because I can.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails