Thursday 25 March 2010

Ok, yeah, I'm here...

I know, I know. I didn't say anything about disappearing this week. The fact was that yesterday was a pretty busy day (so's tomorrow, but I'll try to blog at my father's place if I don't get a chance at work). The other days? The less said, the better.

Now, having explained my lack of internetting (or not, as the case may be), I have to say that... I really don't have anything today. I even have a total lack of hairdo since I was doing some maintenance on the planetarium a little while ago.

Hmmm... shall we talk planetarium? We haven't done that for a while. Well, I have -- I've actually been pretty busy talking planetarium lately -- but we haven't.

Just for any of my two fans that need a review, at work we have a mobile planetarium. It's a blow-up dome that takes up a good-sized room (or a corner of a gym) and has a projector so that I (or whoever else is currently doing planetarium duty) can show stars (or mythology, or, weirdly, a gigantic cell) to the people who have crawled inside along with me. Through, by the way, an entrance tunnel with door flaps that look a little bit too much like a giant silver butt.

I, erm, should say at this point that I've been working with Grade Six students a lot lately. But I have to say that I agree with them about the derriere resemblance.

Anyway.

Planetarium work, especially when I'm out at a school rather than at the Nature Centre, involves a lot of lifting. It also involves a lot of being on my knees (which currently hurt. See how long it took me to mention that? I'm the very picture of self-control today), a lot of dehydration, and occasionally a lot of swearing. When I'm setting up, I mean. I usually try to keep the cursing down to a minimum when I'm actually doing a program.

It's tiring stuff, in other words, and when you've done a few go-rounds in a row (it was three in an afternoon yesterday) you just find yourself done with talking for a while.

Or typing, which is why I have nothing for the blog.

I've typed rather a lot for having nothing today, though, don't you think? That must be a good enough excuse to stop.

Right...




now.

2 comments:

Sparroweye said...

We bought this 100 dollar or more Meade telescope at Walmart two Christmas's ago and we were so disappointed. It also came with a camera attachment. It is just so difficult to adjust. The quality I think sucks. I was expecting huge things. Like seeing the rings of saturn. I guess we needed to research more. My cousin has his own observatory with a 3,000 dollar scope that he built himself. I need to get an invite.

highjumper said...

It looks like this little guy is in a harness - or on a leash!? That is so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails