Thursday 18 March 2010

Ok, two reasons why I shouldn't be blathering today:

First one: the weather's crap today, and I was outside on the trails just long enough to have a very itchy, very miserable reaction to it. Stupid weather. Could have happened any other day this week and I wouldn't have been out on the trails at all. This, obviously, has put my mood straight into the toilet.

Second one: I got back in, made myself a cup of very good tea courtesy of the not-Toronto office, started clicking through some of my usual lunchtime reading list, and learned, somewhat belatedly, about Alex Chilton. Geez. Heart attack at fifty-nine? Geez, again. I hear the man was... difficult, would be putting it nicely, but the music was so good. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry. For a lot of people (myself included, for many years) he was one of those I know that song -- who's it by? types. Have a listen to the embedded videos in this post, though, and I'm sure you'll recognise things.

I know what my personal playlist will be for the rest of the afternoon.




I'm going to attempt to bring my inflammation down now. And enjoy the rest of my tea. I hope. It'd be a waste of the tea otherwise.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

What a shame. I have learned to live in the moment. It takes skill. And I cherish each bird song. You never know. Getting 20 of my favorite poems printed in a little book. I made sure Dried Up River Bed Dreams is in it. The rest I tried to put in the generic one's people on my Facebook loved. My daughter says she is making me sign it. In case after my death I become famous. I love my families black humor.

Related Posts with Thumbnails