Sunday 8 May 2011

Always keep your promises - or best die trying

I don't need to be badgered, all that much anyhow, to make a completely voluntary post to the blog. Nope. Not at all. I told SWMBO I'd be here and here, I certainly am. I mean it's not like she frightens me or anything. Even though she knows where I live.

Moving on...coincidence is not something that impresses me which is to say I find things happen generally in an orderly fashion and if a person is really aware, it's possible to see the patterns of things as life unfolds.

Back on the 14th of August, 2003 hydro power was lost all over eastern North America for several days. As a bit of fun the spousal unit and prodigy and I went walking for awhile, enjoying the quiet and confirming my peripheral blindness in surroundings devoid of at least a glimmer or two. Anyway that outage lasted for several days and soon you'll know why I even remember it.

On the morning of April 28, 2011 the power went out. For three and a half days. The difference between here and there is we now live in a township as opposed to the Centre of the Universe (where grids are larger and things fixed quicker). Because most of what I buy is on sale, including all roasts, ribs and the like I have two full freezers so by the morning of day two this already wasn't amusing and off we went. *I* now own a generator. Geez.

Oh and the so-called coincidence. One of the outages was on the birthday of my husband and one, on mine. Coincidence, bah!

The above photo is brought to you by the pups. This is the entrance to one of the woods we often walk through - well, I walk while they chase furry things, from mouse-size to squirrel to cottontails to the three white-tailed deer last week. And it's so much more beautiful here than there. My surroundings feel much more - forgive me - powerful.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails