Friday 27 May 2011

Pointless random question of the day:

Would you sooner go without mustard or ketchup?

Personally, as much as I'd probably miss ketchup I'd be more at a loss without mustard. Especially if I'm allowed to count in dry mustard as well as prepared mustard. I use dry mustard almost any time I'm making something eggy, you see.

Well, savoury-eggy anyway.

And really, there's so much more to the world of mustard than there is to ketchup. You've got your straight-up prepared mustard, your honey mustard, your coarse mustard, your deli-style mustard... so much mustardy goodness out there to explore.

Oh, and I suppose there's dijon mustard as well, although I can't say I've ever gone out of my way for it. I don't dislike it -- don't get me wrong -- but I just can't escape the feeling that ever since those old Grey Poupon commercials it kind of comes across as the king of mustard hype.




Um, yeah. For anyone out there wondering if maybe I've been thinking about this a little too much, well... no. I'm really tired, it's been an awfully long week for a short week, and what you've just witnessed is my brain heading down the are you really going to attempt to blog NOW??? path of incredulity.

I should stop typing now.

Or at least make tomorrow's post a bit more complete, condimentally speaking.







Oh, and today's photo has NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING. As usual. Cherry blossoms are just pretty, that's all.

But they probably wouldn't look quite as good in mustard.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails