Saturday 28 January 2012

Geez, is it that time already?

Yes, yes, I'll try to get out and take some new photos this afternoon...

Sorry, I'm a bit testy. Got a late start to the day, which is sort of an unusual thing for me these days, and I don't think I've quite caught up yet. I couldn't believe it when I looked at the time just now and realised that I hadn't blogged yet. Now my thought process is somewhere between blog and lunch, and lunch seems to be getting the upper hand just now.

Read that as: this'll probably be short and useless. And I was going to say "kind of like the typist" here, but to be fair I'm not entirely useless.

I am sore today, though. Actually, I've been sore all week. Nothing serious, really; the usual always-achy ankle, the complainy knee, the wrist that occasionally acts up just to remind me that it's really stupid to lose your temper and act out like a three-year-old when you're supposed to be an adult setting up tables instead... I'm sure I've mentioned that act of stupidity on the blog before since most of my acts of stupidity have been re-acted many times here out of sheer lack of subject-matter, but here's the Coles Notes version for those of my two fans who may not have heard it: it was the morning of a fairly big event at work that I was coordinating, and I had to quickly get some things set up before my volunteers arrived so that they could get on with the bigger stuff. I arrived to find that a group meeting the night before -- a group of regulars who should have known better -- had left the rooms that I needed in absolute shambles, meaning that the little time I had was going to have to go to cleaning up instead of setting up. Of course I was pissed, but that didn't mean I had to go around cussing and slamming things as I worked, and I certainly didn't have to tip up that table that I needed to fold the legs on in such a violent manner, right? Yeah, my wrist would have appreciated my remembering that last part before I wrenched it so badly, I'm sure.

Ah well. Live and learn. And occasionally ache for years afterwards.

I sometimes think that I'm too young to have all these aches and pains, and then I remember that I'm not too young to have all these aches and pains, and then I'm sad.



Oh, not really. Or not much, anyway. And speaking of anyway, I think it genuinely is time for me to go upstairs and scout out something to eat. And then scout out something to take photos of. And then... um... fold the stuff in the dryer, I guess. And then maybe draw something for IF, if something actually comes to mind.

Yes, it's a massively full life I lead. Guess I should be grateful that it's not fuller.

I don't need any more aches.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails