Thursday 12 January 2012

Oh, and the blog thinnens...

That would be the opposite of thickens, right?

Yep, folks. It's looking like blog pickin's might be sparse in the next week or so. Winter's supposed to happen, you see.

Yes, I know that it's already winter. We've even had a cold day here and there to prove it. Overall, though, this has been one of the most tolerable Januarys I've seen in a while.

You just know it had to end, right?

You see, here in Alberta we're pretty much guaranteed at least one hell week in January. A week where the temperature doesn't budge above -20C. A week where winter knocks on the door and yells WINTER at the top of its frozen lungs to make sure that everybody notices it. A week where suddenly everyone remembers that they were planning to go to Vegas all along that week and does their collective best to get the hell out of Dodge.

That week is, apparently, next week, and I'm preparing to hole up.





A few of my two fans know (and for those new to the program, yes I meant to type that phrase exactly the way it sits) that it's pretty hard on me physically to be outside for any length of time (say, more than half a minute) when it's that cold, so when the forecast is looking that glum I have to plan almost as though I was planning for a hurricane. Sufficient food and toilet paper (hey, priorities)? Check. Work to do at home in case I can't make it into the office? Check. Scuzzy hibernation-style I-refuse-to-go-outside clothing? Definitely check. Good thing I live alone for that last one, really. Let's just say I dress for warmth and moping when the weather hits stupid cold.

Anyway, all this is by way of saying that if the forecast doesn't change you can expect to see a lot less of me for a few days come Monday. I'll be staying in and working at home until it's safe to come out again.

Oh, but I will be here tomorrow. And Saturday. And possibly Sunday. You know, in case you were worried about how long the stir-craziness will have to set in.

Nothing like giving you all a bit of notice, eh? You're welcome, I guess.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails