Thursday 5 January 2012

Someday there'll be a real post here, honest.

One of the problems with blogging during work breaks is that occasionally I'm a good do-bee and work when I'm at work (ok, it's more often than occasionally. It's just that sometimes working at work means not taking the usual breaks). As you've no doubt noticed, the blog suffers a bit when that happens.

Like now.

I've been in frog-drawing mode again (check the other blog if so inclined), so I've basically had the music on and have sat here with brush in hand pretending that I'm an illustrator of some sort. Fun, I guess. If anyone wonders, though, I suck less at frogs than I do at ground squirrels. Probably a good thing. It's not always healthy to suck forgs.

Suck at frogs, I meant.

Anyway. I thought of taking a pointless desk photo to show you the state of disarray things are in when I'm doing poster work, but that would have involved getting the camera out &c &c and I'm just not planning on that long a break. So...

I could have told you about the Long-tailed Weasel that followed my group down the trail on our walk yesterday, but again, I should get back to the drawing thing while I'm still in some sort of mood for it. Suffice to say, then, that we have a weasel who's apparently getting very curious about the weird things that humans do in the Sanctuary, and that's kind of cool. Gave us some fresh tracks to look at, too, which was great since everything else has melted out with the warm temperatures.

Did I mention that I'd like to keep the warm temperatures for as long as possible, please? Yeah, I probably did.



Back to work, then. And this almost even turned into a post of sorts. Yay me...

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

I love frogs. Especially tree frogs and water frogs. Not so much toads. But those are fine too. I have been fascinated by bugs, amphibians, and many other insects since I was tiny. I used to play with pill bugs. I was a bit brutal I've been told. I also get side tracked and fascinated with these word verifications.

Related Posts with Thumbnails