Friday 2 March 2012

Pointless question of the day:

How do you suppose Blue Oyster Cult feels about the fact that a whole generation of us think of Don't Fear the Reaper as More Cowbell?

It was on the radio yesterday as I was driving home from work, and even though I know the song well my first thought was still MORE COWBELL!!!

Wheat says that they'd probably just be happy to still have some social relevance.

That could be true.

----------

I've just turned on the music since I'm alone in the office. It's probably kind of silly to turn it on when I'm leaving in about a half an hour, but I needed to wake my brain up after spending the morning reading through programming material and it seemed like the way to go.

I don't want to imply that I'm only allowed music when Wheat's not here, which I suppose the above sort of sounded like. Wheat's as into music as I am, so it's not generally a problem. I find, though, that I usually only turn on music when he's here if I'm doing something that specifically requires music to keep the short attention span in line. Something repetitive with my hands, or something like that. Otherwise I keep the music off mostly to keep myself from singing. It's bad enough sharing an office with someone who's constantly (if silently) singing along with the voices in her head, I figure, without putting up with her singing along out loud to the internet radio.

And it happens.

It happens without me even realising it, really. Music's my usual form of muttering to myself.

Hands up if you've already figured out that I've got nothing today? Really? That quickly? I'm that predictable then, I suppose.

Right now Eddie Vedder's singing You've Got to Hide Your Love Away on my current mix. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's not unpleasant, but it's not the Beatles.

Ah, and here's the Beatles. They must have known that I missed them.





Hands up if you think I should stop typing before this just becomes a list of What's Playing Now?

Yeah, me too.

Later, all.



All two of my two fans.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails