Friday 9 March 2012

A question

And it'll have to be a quick one, which is sort of unfortunate since I won't be around a computer for the next days, which means this lame post will stay at the top of the page for far too long.

Anyway.

Oh, and my apologies to those of my two fans who happen to not be Canadian  for this one, ok?

Here goes:

I've asked this before, but it needs to be asked again because I really don't get it. Coffee drinkers out there (of which I'm not one, so I doubly don't get it), can you please tell me what form of crack Tim Hortons must be putting in their beverages?

It's got to be something like that, right? Nothing else would explain the fact that every time I drive past the Tims down the hill from my place -- no matter what time of day -- there's a line-up for the drive-through that goes all the way out to the road.

As I said, I don't get it. I don't get the coffee bit in the first place because to me the stuff tastes vile (and I'm not talking about Tims coffee there; just coffee in general). I don't get buying coffee by the cup rather than just making it yourself (yes, I'm cheap). And I don't get why this one particular company has so much become the Canadian THING.

The long drive-through queue I just described? Not just at my neighbourhood Tims, no. Pretty much every Tim Hortons known to this country, it seems.

And yes, I know that it's currently Roll Up The Rim time and all that, but the line-ups don't stop just because the contest does.




Erm, sorry. I just noticed that today's completely unseasonal and pointless flower looks like it's heiling Hitler. I didn't see that in the thumbnail...

Ah well. I guess if people want to pay too much for a beverage that I don't want, it doesn't really affect me in the end. It's just a puzzlement, is all.

And with that (and I have no real idea what brought Yul Brynner into the whole thing), I'll leave you to your weekend and me to mine. See you in a few days, and don't forget to change your clocks.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

In my house growing up, the coffee pot was always on. Never drank it until I married a military man. My mother drank her coffee black. She used to say to me. You don't drink coffee. You drink a dab of coffee in milk & sugar. Sometimes I add whipped cream. But maybe 1/3 coffee the rest stevia and cream. Tim's has Latte. That is really a drinkable desert. And if you ever go to Paris. The Cafe au lait is to die for. Tim also has specialty tea and they post calories. I like that. Wish he would come to America. So maybe its not just his coffee they love. His menu sounds good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails