Sunday 4 October 2009

And now?

Well, I slept a bit better, which always helps. Head's still not right, of course, but it didn't feel like an absolutely insurmountable task to get things moving this morning, which has to be a good thing. Hey, I'm trying to be positive here... which is definitely a change from the last few days.

I'm also being stared at by fish and drinking Chinese herbs.

The fish are because my father's started bringing in his pond fish from outside (in case anyone's wondered, the recent pointless photos on the blog are definitely not recent photos. There's certainly nothing flowering out there at the moment, and I haven't been able to bring myself to start taking pictures of dead things yet). He has a few more to find that he's probably going to have to drain the pond a bit for, but so far the ones that have made it in seem to be doing ok. I could have taken a photo of them, I suppose, but I guess I was more in the mood for the sweet peas.

And the herb thing? Given to me by a friend at work when it was obvious that this stupid cold is taking its time resolving itself. I was a little nervous about using them until I had a chance to look them up (remember, boys and girls: herbal medicine is still medicine. Things can interact with other things in ways that are NOT GOOD. Do your research...), but thankfully the few English words on the packet were enough for me to find out what I'd be drinking. It's all good. I'm not expecting any kind of miraculous cure here -- a cold is still a cold, after all -- but I wouldn't say no to a little relief.

As far as anything else... well, obviously I haven't been in any sort of mood to think of anything in the blather world that might have entertainment value. I think we should all just be thankful that I'm typing in complete, non-whingey sentences today.

Mostly non-whingey, anyway.

Type at you later. I'm off to look at the Illustration Friday posts now. Mine? Um, definitely not my favourite of all time, but at least I did something. Check the other blog if you're desperate to see it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails