Thursday 22 October 2009

But I don't like it...

This is the time of year where normally I'd be posting photos of autumn colour (you know, leaves. And other stuff that perhaps isn't leaves. No, most likely leaves) in a futile attempt to prove that looking forward to winter isn't depressing me. HOWEVER. This year's early freeze caught most of the plants by surprise, and as a result most of the leaves that are still on the trees are nothing but brown.

I refuse to post a bunch of photos of brown leaves.

She says, after posting a photo of brown leaves. That's different, though. They were from last year, if I remember right.

No, really. That does too make it different.

----------

Yesterday found me manning a booth for the Centre a couple of hours. Normally I don't mind that too much, but there were two problems I had to deal with this time around. The first was that I'd had very little sleep (explains yesterday's non-post, don't you think?) which made it hard to look terribly enthusiastic about the place I was supposed to be representing. Although I did try. The second? Was the clowns.

I hate clowns.

Ok, I don't actually hate clowns, but I really don't like them much. And when I'm tired I tend to get a bit whiny about the things that I don't like. I'm reasonably sure that these particular clowns sensed that in me, because they pretty much left me alone. I hear from my coworkers who also did shifts at the booth that they were pestered by the clowns, but the clowns hardly even tried with me.

Smart move, clowns. I don't like clowns.

There are other things I don't like, of course.

Things like the banging and thumping that the apartment's heating system makes when they turn the radiators back on for the season. That's great.

I also don't like Twitter much. I think it's kind of annoying and trivial. Not that I'm not annoying and trivial too, but at least I know that the vast majority of my annoying and trivial isn't at all interesting to the public at large so I keep it to myself. I figure that my two fans get plenty of annoying and trivial right here on the blog.

Let's see... what else?

Well, I don't like green peppers. Or politics. Or pigeons. And if you're thinking that one of these things is not like the other things, then you're right. The green peppers really didn't belong with the pigeons or politics.

This is all kind of negative today, don't you think? I should probably do something about that. On the old blog I once posted a list of... I guess it was about fifty or so things that I liked. No theme to them or anything; it was just things that I liked. Don't bother looking for it, by the way. I deleted it when I changed the old blog into Doodle Central.

I should probably do another one of those lists.

But not right now.






I like this, though.

And I like that this became an actual post when I wasn't really intending it to...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails