Wednesday 7 October 2009

Bloody weather

So, as I was using my sleeve to wipe the snow off of my car because I'm too damned stubborn to get out the snow brush this early in the season...

NO, I AM NOT KIDDING.

There was about a centimetre of snow on the car when I left for work. Not so much on the ground, as you can see from the pointless photo (hot off the camera this time) (and yes, those are my footprints. And no, my feet aren't on backwards. Although it would explain a lot if they were), but that's only because the ground's still fairly warm. Believe me, it's doing its best to build up out there.

Bloody weather.

Oh, wait. Let's make it bloody weather. And yes, I've probably linked to that clip before. I don't care. It just naturally comes to mind every time I use the phrase bloody weather, that's all.

And since I'm in Alberta, the phrase tends to get used a bit.

This place is nuts when it comes to weather. I mean, sure. We don't have to worry about hurricanes/tropical storms (it'd be weird if we did, since it would probably mean that BC had disappeared) or lake effect snow or most of those other fun, wet things that much of this country has to put up with. We just have to deal with not knowing what the hell to ever expect.

Yay us.

About a week and a half ago it was 35C. Today? Let me just check the weather page... Well, they're guessing 5C. Currently 1C.

And snowing, did I mention?

Gah.

In case you haven't guessed, not a happy camper.





Anyway, so what else? Well, I wasn't in the office on Monday so I didn't get a chance to blog, I was in the office but was busy with programs on Tuesday so I didn't get a chance to blog, and today? Cranky, obviously. Bet you're thrilled that I got the chance to blog.

On the cold front (cold front? Augh. No more weather), I'm still drippy and coughing but I feel a lot less zombified than I have been doing, so I suppose that counts as a good thing.

However, it is snowing.

DID I MENTION?








Bloody weather.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails