Saturday 10 October 2009

Pointless photo of the day:

Boy, I have no idea what this post is going to be about. I do have an idea, however, that today's photo isn't recent. If it was, everything in it would be covered in snow...

Yeah. I've made enough snotty comments about the weather lately. I'll try to give it a rest. Incidentally, the only reason I took today's photo is that I thought it was odd that the waterlily flower decided to grow up through the cattails. Each flower to its own, I guess.

So. Post. I don't know. I got a bit of a late start to the day, and I think it's upset the balance somewhat. I haven't even got the laundry in the dryer, and usually that's happened an hour ago. I also just noticed that I've somehow got grease on my favourite schlumpy sweatshirt (and everybody knows the value of a favourite schlumpy sweatshirt) but of course I didn't notice it until after the last load was on its final rinse. I refuse to start another load just for a favourite schlumpy sweatshirt, though, so I suppose we'll just have to hope that soap-in-the-sink is enough to keep things from becoming permanent.

Anyway.

Where was I?

Oh right. Nowhere.

There's got to be something...

Well, ok. Quick question. Is it wrong to wish that the person whose computer you borrow every weekend (for free, mind) had better equipment? I don't mean the computer. There's nothing wrong with the computer. The printer? I have issues. And, now that I think about it, not really with the printer. With the toner, I think it is. This thing is the patchiest laser printer you've ever seen, but I'm pretty sure that a new cartridge would help out a lot.

It wouldn't magically turn the thing into a printer/scanner, but it would help.

It's the whole doodling thing, you see. I doodle, and I post the doodles (such as they are) on the other blog. No, you don't have to go check it out. Anyway, sometimes when I doodle I need reference photos, but since I can't print out a usable photo on this printer (yes, I'd even settle for a usable black and white photo) I end up doodling AT the computer. Not a great idea when I'm doodling in watercolour, as I plan to be doing today. If I ever get my behind in gear.

And then there comes posting the doodles. If I'm at work I can just scan things, but around here my only recourse is my autofocus camera. Now, don't get me wrong. I like my camera a lot... for taking silly blog-fodder photos outside. Taking a picture of a doodle is something different, especially since I usually can't be bothered using my tripod or setting up some proper lights. The photos end up giving the general idea of the doodles, but the camera's flash isn't strong enough to prevent darkened edges and the colour can often be beyond correcting with the very basic software that I'm using.

Ah well.

I did mention the part about borrowing the computer for free?





Yeah.

I need to go put stuff in the dryer now (finally). Later, all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails