Sunday 23 January 2011

I think we have enough snow

Yep. The picture was taken yesterday. Very... winter-y, is all I can say. Ah well, at least the temperature's a lot more livable than it was for a while there. Gives a person hope that in a couple of months (yeahrightwhatever) all of that white stuff will be far, far away.

So. What should I be telling you today? Well, I spent a little while this morning playing with my Inktense pencils again. Just a flower doodle in the sketchbook, which I've posted on the other blog (but the scanner completely took the life out of so it won't give the idea at all. I'll probably just delete the off-looking thing). I'm still getting the hang of the permanence since I'm used to being able to re-wet watercolour pencil sketches to move the pigments around. Looks like once I get the differences (as in, these are ink pencils not watercolours, silly woman) through my skull the pencils should be a lot of fun to play with, though. It's nice that they can be worked over once they're dry, for sure.

And that, folks, is about all I've got.







Ok, yeah, the piano thing. I sat down at it for a little while last night. Still in good shape (and reasonable tune, considering that it's been about a year since it was serviced)... and it's still good to sit down at the piano for a little while.

Damn.

This whole giving-away idea would be easier if it hadn't felt good to play. Oh, I'm rusty as hell of course -- I wouldn't have wanted witnesses to my reaction to the surprise five-sharp key change that I forgot was in one of the songs I was faking my way through -- but after so many years of playing it can't help but come back to a person. There's definitely muscle memory involved.

There wasn't much singing last night since it was just after supper and my throat was completely cruddy, but I'm certainly game to have a go at the Mozart (or the Cole Porter, as the case may be) next week.



OF COURSE I AM. It's so typical. I'm thinking of getting rid of the piano, so OF COURSE the piano instantly becomes valuable again in my life. I really, really wish that I  that I wasn't so predictable.

So what am I going to do? Well, I think that when I go back to work I'll try putting out a request on Twitter and Facebook (erm... Wheat can do the Facebook part. I'm not on Facebook -- not even for work -- very much by preference) just to see how many other easily-accessible pianos there might be out there. No takers? Hey, have my piano. Otherwise... yeah, I'm thinking of hanging on to it for the time being.



I completely knew this would happen, you know.

And on that note, I think I'll go get some lunch. Or look at some of the Illustration Friday entries. Or keep singing along with the internet radio. Anything that doesn't involve thinking about a piano, at this point.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails