Saturday 22 January 2011

Pointless probably useless post of the day:

More quality photography from the DSi, if anyone was wondering.

----------

So, yeah. I'm not sure I have much of a blather today because I've let myself get annoyed by something and it's never all that great an idea for me to post when I'm annoyed. It always leads me to want to break the rules.

Oh, you didn't know that there were rules here? There are. My rules, so they could easily be changed if it came right down to it, but once I set a rule I don't like to mess with it.

The main rule here (besides the one that says if the blog ever comes to a point, it will turn into a pumpkin)? Thou shalt not delete posts.

That's right. If something gets posted here it doesn't get deleted unless the whole blog gets deleted. Oh, it can be edited... but only for grammar and spelling, not for content. The rule doesn't apply to the Ontario office on the rare occasion that she actually posts these days, of course. And it doesn't apply to the other blog. I can delete whatever I want from the other blog. In fact, the other blog had four years -- years -- of posts deleted when I decided to use it for arty things instead of general blather. I guess it shows that I'm not terribly attached to my internet past. It also shows that the no-delete rule has nothing to do with wanting to leave some weird cybermark for the world to see.

It's to keep me from second-guessing myself.

I'm the type of person that would delete over and over again if I had the chance, you see. I'd say things to get them off my chest, go back and read them later, and decide to put them in the bin. I'd probably also develop a habit of deleting posts because they weren't somehow flipping works of art, given the opportunity. Oh, this isn't good enough. Delete. Why was I talking about that trivial nonsense? Delete. Someone might be offended by that. Delete.

Ok, maybe not the last one. I couldn't really give a rat's bum about what people think about most of the stuff on the blog. Yeah, I keep my more blatant opinions to myself anyway so there's nothing here that's likely to cause a stir, but that's not by design. I just don't think that the internet needs to know what I think about everything.

I do think, however, that I should never post anything on topics that I'm going to be ashamed of posting later. That's another reason for the no-delete rule. There are a few of my two fans that I genuinely care about and that read the blog regularly, and if I find myself about to post something that I'd feel awful about them reading once I cool down a bit, I stop. The fact that anything I post here is not going to be deleted probably prevents me from becoming a giant internet douchebag.

I don't know if you've noticed, but the internet has a few of those already.

And I know that the last couple of paragraphs probably make me sound like I'm contradicting myself somewhat, but frankly? I'm doing fairly well at sounding reasonable for someone who's just spent a considerable amount of time taking various deities' names in vain.

And why? Oh, that's so none of your business. And it's pretty minor. When I said above that I'd let myself get annoyed, that was being honest. I let something get to me that really shouldn't have, and that sort of thing DEFINITELY isn't worth a blather.

Which isn't necessary now anyway. Funny how trying to type myself out of annoyance has more or less resulted in an accidental blog post.





Can I be done now?

I think so.

And it's my rules, after all.

----------

One more thing before I go, though. Regarding editing: Should I admit that I'm anal enough to correct things in posts that are YEARS old and will probably never be read by anyone besides Yours Blatheringly unless someone out there types in some pretty bizarre search terms and stumbles upon them by mistake?

Yep. I thought it was a bit much.

I do it all the same, though.

Welcome to my olf life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails