Tuesday 28 February 2012

Two down...

Well, it was -23C as I was scraping my car windows to get to work this morning. By the time I got here my hands had reacted, so the first half-hour or so of set-up was fanTAStic. What a stupid country to live in if you're allergic to the cold...

Anyway. Ooo, a bit early for anyways, isn't it? How about an at any rate, instead? At any rate, the morning was ok if way too early, but my voice is showing the effects of two hours of shouting over the planetarium fan. I'm taking it easy now in hopes of having enough voice for tomorrow morning, and it sounds like my coworker can take over tomorrow evening. And someday? Someday I'll get over this cold.

Just in time for the next one, no doubt.

Ah well. Since my mood isn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be after all of that, I guess I'll continue with this post at least long enough to give a bit of explanation to the pointless photo. The weekend's snow reminded me just how much I hate taking photos of winter (yes, I know that many of you think it's pretty. Go with that, then. Doesn't mean that I have to, and since it's my blog...). The problem, then, is that not taking photos of winter means I have very little else to take photos of. That's when random weird shots of things around the house start to happen. Sometimes I can come up with a post to go with them; sometimes not so much.

I have nothing for vacuum hoses, in case you haven't already guessed.

Sometimes the random shots just become a running gag. I took a series of bad wristwatch pun photos years ago. Come to think of it, they were on the other blog and have since been deleted. Might be time for a return of the watches...

Anyway (this time for real). All I'm trying to say is that if the pictures in the next while seem even less than inspired, blame the white stuff out there. Tell it to be spring already, and I'll take better shots.

In the meantime, I'll be trying every singer's trick I know to try to have some voice back for tomorrow. Wish me luck on that one, because I'll definitely need it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails