Friday 20 April 2012

Bug

No, today's pointless photo isn't of a bug. It wouldn't be pointless if it was, would it?

The Bug in the title is to encourage audience participation. You're meant to add the ger bit yourself.

Everybody's got it now, right?

So what happened yesterday that's causing me difficulty typing today (you knew I was having difficulty typing, I'm assuming) is that yesterday's program group showed up at 12:35 pm. I was expecting them at 2:00 pm.

That was a problem.

You see, the teacher had discussed two different times with our booking clerk, agreed on one time, and then apparently wrote down the other time. So big deal, right? I'm an old pro at this. I just get things together and do the program at 12:35 instead, naturally. Except.

Oh, except.

Except that they'd booked the planetarium, and the planetarium takes at least twenty minutes to set up. Or would have taken twenty minutes if I hadn't had to wait for the incandescent lights in the program room to cool down first. The planetarium tent reaches nearly to the ceiling, unfortunately, and melty bits in the expensive tent just aren't a good idea.

Ah well. Lights off and cooled, equipment moved in quickly (and the next time anyone around here makes fun of me for my usual habit of being almost stupidly early in my program set-up, I'm going to remind them of yesterday, otherwise known as The One Day That I Wasn't), shipping crates hauled off of platform dolly (oh, and for those who've heard me mention the mobile planetarium before but have no idea of the size of the thing, when it's packed up it's in three shipping crates -- one of which is large enough to need its own wheels -- and a hockey-equipment-sized duffel), things shuffled around in a hurry, crate picked up at an angle, wrist wrenched...

Yeah. Whence, bugger.

I should never be rushed, you know. I'm too left-handed to be safe to society when I'm rushed.

Anyway, the old injury is officially aggravated, I seem to have a bit of a sprain, and I'm currently trying to type with my brace on. Any of my two fans who've been here for a while know that my brace is fine except for the part where the curve in the lower stay tends to hit the window or alt keys on the keyboard as I type. This post's been interrupted several times by mystery screens popping up, I can assure you.

And for anyone worried that I might have done myself some serious damage, don't be. I don't think I have. I'll just try not to do any more damage in the next while, and the silly brace is actually as much a good way to remind myself of that as it is a bandage. Erm, if you know what I mean.

Going now. Tired of fighting the inadvertent pop-ups.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails