Sunday 8 April 2012

Way to celebrate the holiday, Dee

You'll have to excuse me if I'm not exactly wordy today (gee, and that's different from most days how?). The mood is definitely taxy at the moment.

What's that?

No, not taxing. Or taxi (and what kind of mood would taxi be if it could be a mood? Now I'm kind of curious. Would it be a moving one?). Taxy. As in April 30th.

Yeah, for whatever reason I chose this morning to do my taxes. Hey, I wasn't doing anything else...

Ok, I do realise that it's sort of weird, but at least now they're done. Online this year, for the first time. Usually we buy tax software for the family (Dad, me, and my uncles) but Dad must have waited a little too long to be able to find it in this small town this year. Rather than wait and pick it up in the city, I just decided to get it over with and give one of the online services a try for a change.

How was it?

IT WAS DOING TAXES. How do you think it was?

Ok, seriously? It was fine. My return's pretty simple anyway, so I think that any service that allows a person to enter T4s and T3s without opening every form available would have done the trick. I won't bother telling you which company I went with because I don't have much more to say about the experience than it allowed me to do my taxes without a calculator. Such a glowing recommendation, really. They'd probably love for me to e-mail in that testimonial...

Anyway.

In honour of this weekend's spring festival -- whether you celebrate it religiously or not -- I thought I'd leave you with what little colour is trying to struggle through the cold Alberta soil this early. Up top, a photo from Friday. To the left, the same plants on Saturday. Hello crocusses.

I thought I'd better take their pictures before the deer eat them. Crocusses and tulips have a pretty finite life in this yard. I guess we should plant more daffodils instead.

Speaking of which, don't forget that April is the Canadian Cancer Society's Daffodil campaign, so if you or someone you love has been affected by cancer, please consider buying some flowers during Daffodil Days, wearing a pin, or adding a daffodil to your facebook page or twitter profile.

Show them your support, everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails