Wednesday 11 April 2012

I feel like the Before part of the ad...

But first... this is a cat who wants ooooout. I have several photos like this because I seem to take at least one a year, but it kind of makes me laugh that this time I caught him mid-howl.

Aaanyway. This isn't going to be much of a post, because I just don't have the head for it. Being out in yesterday's wind set off the spring allergies in a big way, and the fact that it was windy here (and still is breezy) as well as where we were on our field trip (and how was that, Dee? Oh, fine. Some ups, some downs. Some good ideas... well, you get where I'm going. I'm always struck, though, when I visit other facilities, with just how much we manage to do here with comparatively few resources) has stirred up a lot of fun for my eyes and sinuses.

Those antihistamine ads that have people happily riding bikes and picking flowers in the middle of spring (or fall, or whenever) allergy season? Yeah, whatever. I use one of the ones that's heavily advertised right now (it's one of the few that don't make me sick. I have serious issues with most antihistamines, unfortunately), and while it certainly helps I'm definitely not feeling all sweethearts and roses.

Whatever that means. I don't really know, and I'm the one who typed it.

Ah well. Expect a lot of similar whining in the next month or so, because the allergies of the moment are mostly just from what's been put in the air by the wind. When we get to what'll be put in the air by the poplar trees in a week or so...

sigh

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

I have rarely been bothered by allergies. But this year,due to such a mild winter and early spring. My eyes just got all yucky and sticky. I felt like an old truck driver trying to breathe one more breath. Finally it poured rain two nights and RELIEF..... Rain has many purposes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails