Monday 19 February 2007

*yawn*

Obviously if I'm posting at this stupid hour of the day something out of the ordinary has happened.

This is the part where I'd normally have some roundabout way of getting to the point (or to the pointless, as is more usually the case), but I'm too tired to bother with being that creative. The short version is that my father had to get up early this morning to catch his plane, and in this house once one person is up everyone else is as well.

It's because of the animals, you see.

If I hadn't got out of bed and started the morning feeding ritual (which has already caused their collective nose to be out of joint, since I apparently don't do it exactly the same way that my dad does) they would have let me know that they'd been forgotten.

These are... shall we say well-treated pets? Yes, we shall. If by that we mean that they're incredibly spoiled.

They're also incredibly loyal and affectionate, which I suppose is a good thing, but there's no denying that they're spoiled. I'd imagine that the former is somehow related to the latter, though.

Anyway, I'll be stuck with the needy pets for the next week or so, which means you'll more than likely be hearing a fair amount about them in the next while.

Let's drop that subject for a moment, then, and talk about stupidity. Stupidity as demonstrated in today's pointless photo. That would be a picture of my hand, in case you were wondering. The more observant of you will notice that my hand is holding a snowball in the photo.

The truly observant will notice that my fingers aren't exactly the right colour in the places where they are actually contacting the snowball.

For those new to the program, I should note here that I'm one person who should never be holding a snowball.

That weird yellowish tone to my fingers indicates that I was starting to have a reaction to the snowball. I get cold-induced urticaria, you see, and that translates as cold makes me break out in hives. I've talked about it before (ad nauseum) on the old blog, so if you're interested in more information just go over there and search urticaria so I don't have to type it all again.

This all means that I should not have been holding a snowball.

Or making a snowball, which is what had to happen before I stood there holding a snowball.

So why on earth was I holding a snowball?

I wanted a picture of a snowball.




Yeah, I know.

I was intending to say something about snow and (funnily enough) snowballs here on the blog at some point this week, but when I uploaded the shot from the camera and looked at the effect the snowball was having on my hand all I could think about was why in hell did you think it was a good idea to be holding a snowball???

Sadly, I have no answer for that.

And I have no conclusion for this. I got up too early to be forced to make sense, you know.





Enjoy the snowball. Or the stories. There'll probably be more yet today, since cut and paste doesn't take much brain power.

2 comments:

Todd said...

It somehow looks... familiar. How's the whiny insecure dog?

deeol said...

She's completely letting me know that I'm not my father. I already knew that, though, so I suppose it's a wasted effort on her part.

Related Posts with Thumbnails