Tuesday 30 September 2008

Oh, this sounds nice enough

Ok, this is me (briefly -- gotta get back to work soon) harping on the same string yet again, but people. You really have to do better with your choices in background music. They're driving me nuts.

The most recent culprit? The Late Show. I'd been looking forward to what Dave had to say about Paul Newman, because I knew that he admired him and that they had a bit of a history. Well, it was nice. Hit all the right notes and sounded genuine. They also, as I expected, had a video montage of the various Newman appearances on the Late Show (if you hit the Late Show link today you'll find it right on the home page). All good, right?

No, dammit.

How on earth could they pick such a completely inappropriate song to use as a background? I mean, did anyone bother to actually read the (more than a little bit sexual) lyrics, or did they just say "that's a pretty song. Let's add it."

Geez. Am I really the only person out there who thinks about this kind of thing?

Anyway. I do need to cut this short, so I'll leave you with a link to the Newman's Own tribute. It's good.

And how's the music?

A lot less mind-boggling, at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"She tied you to a kitchen chair. She broke your throne and she cut your hair...

...And remember when I moved in you
The holy dove was moving too..."

Yeah, that's soooo appropriate for a memorial to an 80+ year old man.

oops

Related Posts with Thumbnails