Thursday 14 May 2009

Feelin' Alsomething

Today's photo? Is pointless.

They usually are, you know.

It is, however, of a spider. On a windowsill. Spiders = good, you know.

----------

I was going to answer a Plinky prompt today rather than bothering to think of my own blather, but the current prompt is asking for three songs that need to be played at full volume... and I don't do that. Ever. If all you're hearing (or, rather, feeling) is the subwoofer thumping away, then you're not. actually. listening. to. a. song.

Seriously.

And people who put monstrous stereos in their stupid chromed-up half-tons and then cruise around neighbourhoods making everyone's windows shake are just plain ignorant pri nuisances.

Having said that, though... there are one or two songs that I've been known to listen to while lying on the floor with my head between the speakers.

You know, for full effect.

That was, of course, before I got a home theatre system. There's no need for that particular posture anymore, really. Back in my days of cheap bookshelf stereos, however (which were never actually on a bookshelf), head between the crappy speakers it was.

I live alone, I should mention. No one around to tell me it was weird, so therefore it doesn't count as being weird.

Anyway.

I've mentioned before (and probably linked to this same video, but do you notice my not caring?) that this is a definite head-between-the-speakers song. Maybe the definitive. And why? Not so much Joe Cocker. Not so much the song, even. It's... the piano. Artie Butler. Fantastic left hand (nothing wrong with the right one too, of course...). That piano rhythm sells the whole thing, as far as I'm concerned.

And if it was blasted at full volume? I... dunno. I think you'd be losing an awful lot of the finesse.

And having my ears hurt destroys ALL of the enjoyment.








I get the feeling that my next line should be including something about you darn kids getting off my lawn... but really? I've never been much for loud anything. I like my hearing. I like being able to use it. I don't see any need for my ears to bleed. Is that so wrong?

Whatever. I've run out of stuff now. I think I'll go back and listen to that song.




Do you suppose anyone would notice if I put my head down on the desk in between the tinny computer speakers?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails