Tuesday 26 May 2009

Stupid photoeditor games

This will be info-light today. My head hurts.

So. Photos.

When I post photos on the blog, they're pretty much always edited in some fashion. Sometimes just cropped, but occasionally I'll do a bit of colour correction or something like that as well.

Sometimes, just to amuse myself, I go photoeditor stupid.

You know what I mean, I hope. Moving the sliders over to extreme positions, using a bunch of pointless filters or effects... that sort of thing. I don't usually save the results, but every once in a while I decide I like the modded-up version of a photo better than the original and it'll end up here on the blog.

Case in point? Today's featured saskatoon flowers. Up top you'll see the original shot (well, the cropped original), which isn't great. It's a bit fuzzy, for one thing. That's what led me to the editor.

I figured that maybe using the edge sharpener might help things look a little less out of focus, and I suppose it does a not-too-bad job considering that I'm using pretty basic, free editing software. I wouldn't win any prizes with the second version of this shot, but it does look a little clearer. I fiddled with the colour a bit as well, obviously, but it's still very much recognisable. Or at least I think it is.

Then... well, then things got silly.

I won't even tell you how many versions of this (completely pointless) photo I made.

Pointless versions of a pointless photo that's not even very good to start off with.

I really need a life.

Anyway, out of the weirder versions of the photo this one, for whatever reason, is the one I decided to keep.

I have no idea why, but now you're a part of the pointlessness too.

I'm going to go finish my headache now, ok?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails