Tuesday 5 May 2009

Walk this way

Missed yesterday because I was busy. Will probably miss tomorrow because I'll be busy. Thursday? Hmm. Maybe I should just say that posting will be hit or miss this week and leave it at that.

Today's pointless photo is of... um... I don't know, actually. I did know at some point, but I can't remember now. Anyway, on to today's Plinky answer:

The shoes that are currently one my feet would probably have some people saying BORING!!! but I can't say that I care. They're sensible, supportive, moc-style walking shoes, and it's the kind of thing that's absolutely necessary when someone who has ankle problems knows that she's going to be on her feet for a good part of the day. So... I guess my shoes say that I value function over style.

That's true, actually.

I occasionally watch a certain makeover show, and it always makes me laugh to see them put almost everyone in pointy-toed heels. Are there really so many women in the world who can wear pointy-toes heels in their daily lives? Even those who haven't got buggered up joints? I guess I live on a completely different planet, then. Of course, working as I do at a nature centre, you'd have to imagine that it would look pretty silly if I showed up to do do a pond study in a fashionable pump (or a "cute" boot, or a gladiator wedge...).

Yes, I can easily admit that the "right" shoe completes an outfit. However, I'd sooner be able to walk and have a less-than-perfect outfit than have to sit down every couple of minutes but be looking FABULOUS!

Practicality rules, folks. that's the way it has to be when walking is a challenge.

Even if it does lead to boring sometimes.



In other news, I was sad to hear about Dom Deluise's death. Let's end with a couple for him, ok?

Here's one.
Here's one more.

Bye, Dom.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails