Friday 29 May 2009

There's a hole... there's a hole...

But it's not in the bottom of the sea.

Is it cruel to attempt to give people earworms? Yeah, sorry (but not really).

Today's hole kind of fascinates me. It's in a vacant lot across the street from my father's place, in the excavation left after the house there was torn down. The hole appeared sometime last year, or at least that's when I first noticed it.

Obviously something made the hole, but I really don't know what since I don't want to get close enough to disturb whatever's living there. Foxes, most likely. I suppose I should be a good naturalist the next time I'm home and look for tracks... but in some ways it's more fun to not know whose home it is. When I was a kid I expect that I would have decided it was home to the neighbourhood troll or something.

Not that I believed in trolls. Just that I had a pretty active imagination and was fairly neurotic.

Still am, come to it.

But I'm pretty sure that there are no trolls living across the street even at that.

----------

In other news, I have no topic. I have a brain problem, but not really a topic. The problem is this:

I went to bed stupidly early last night because I was stupidly tired (I might have mentioned). Before I went to bed I informed my brain that I had no early programs today so that means SLEEP IN. Sleep in, brain, get it? The brain's response? YAY! It's four in the morning! LET'S GET UP!!!

Is it wrong to want to beat your own brain into submission?

So anyway, here I am. Much less sleep than I was planning to get, vaguely headachy because of that (oh, and the fact that my brain neglected to remind me to take an antihistamine before I left for work. Thanks, brain), and wearing my weekend pony tail because apparently my hair is attached to my brain and would NOT behave not matter what I attempted with it this morning.

Happy, yes.

And with that...

I guess that's all I have that's pseudopostworthy today. It was a good try, even if it was less than successful in the end. It meant well. It'll make me sad to have to take it out back and shoot it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails