Friday 10 December 2010

Freaky

Freaky how a person can be feeling fine one day, and then wake up the next with a head full of snot (yep, the cold that's been making its way around the office finally decided that it was my turn).

Freaky that it's already the tenth of December.

Freaky that I haven't done any Christmas shopping.

Freaky that this time of year I can wander around wearing a metre-long stocking cap in gaudy Christmas colours and all anyone ever says about it is nice hat (and yes, I'm serious about the hat. I should take a picture of it one of these days).

Freaky that this was Canada's warmest year ever on record, and yet we never really got a summer here in Alberta. A reminder that global warming = climate change, not necessarily warmer everything all the time.

And the freakiest thing of all, at least at the moment in my brain? This:

We recently got them at work, and I used one for the first time just before I started this post.

Freaky.

Effective, but freaky.

And I'm not sure how we're going to convince our preschoolers that their hands won't be chomped...

Ah well. Me 'n my stuffed-up freaky head need to get back to business. Look for blogging to disappear for the weekend -- I think I may be curling up under a blanket and doing my best to get this stupid cold over with as soon as possible rather than being out and about.

And as for the Christmas shopping? Well, it is only the tenth...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails