Monday 6 December 2010

This'll be quick

She says, knowing full well that when she says it'll be quick it's usually waaay longer than the supposedly long posts.

Ah well. I came in to work a bit late because I had to wait for it to warm up a little before I could be out to scrape the car, and I need to get back to the work. So let's all do our best to keep it quick, ok?

Now, speaking of cars, this is what I was planning to blather about today. My two fans know that it's not a good thing for me to be out in the cold. What they might not know, though, is that I actually don't keep my car very warm when it's running. Warm enough to keep the windows from fogging/frosting, yes, but not much warmer than that.

This will seem like an incredibly weird habit for someone who gets hives when she's cold, but here's the thing. In order to get out to the car on cold days, I have to bundle myself up like I'm going on an arctic expedition. When I get in the car I'm not likely to go to the bother of peeling off the layers, right? So... warm clothes + warm car would = extremely overheated driver.

And suddenly I'm almost making sense. Scary, huh.

Now all this is fine when I'm the one controlling the car's thermostat, but it becomes a bit of a difficulty when someone who knows about me 'n the cold thing offers me a ride somewhere. Almost inevitably, I'll dress (as I have to) for the weather, only to hop into a car that's about twice as hot as I normally ever have mine. Well-meaningly hot, yes, but there's no escaping the hot. And I'm always a little sheepish about asking to turn the heat down, seeing as the driver has probably gone out of his/her way to warm things up for me in the first place...

Ah, winter. How much do I loathe thee? I'd count the ways, but as I said before I really need to get back to work.



Later, folks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails