Wednesday 15 December 2010

Holy sock, Batman

I have a hole in my sock.

Yes, that is the important thing I've chosen to report to the internet world today.

Sad but true.

I also have sinuses that feel like they're planning to explode, but then no one wants to hear about that.

Probably no one wanted to hear about my sock either, but there you go.

To add to the "have" list, today I have organic raspberry tea in my mug. It's good (and I'll save my thoughts about the whole organic thing for another time), but on the whole I'm not usually that into fruit-based teas. I find them a little like drinking hot Kool Aid, to be honest, and I'm sure that's not the effect the tea makers had in mind.

I suppose I'm kind of weird about teas, really. I like tea, and I like good tea, but I have no problem at all with bunging in a cheap tea bag as long as it has some sort of tea flavour to it. It's kind of like recognising the value of a good wine (which I definitely don't) but not minding if someone offers you the boxed stuff.

Tea-ish things that I'm not big on? Well, I guess I'm not the biggest fan of Earl Grey (mostly because it's everywhere, and I like a bit of variety) and there's the fruit thing that I've already mentioned, but I think one of the biggest tea crimes you're going to find is putting black pepper in chai. Yes, yes, I know it's traditional in many areas, but honestly? I just don't think it's a good idea to blend up a nice batch of spiced tea and then overwhelm it with pepper. Maybe I've just not had good pepper-inclusive chais, I don't know, but when there's pepper in the chai that's all I seem to taste.

I'm fine with ginger, though.

I'm also more than fine with chocolate-covered crystallised ginger, if anyone out there has some to spare. Make mine dark chocolate, please.





Um. Sorry. Got distracted by the thought of chocolate ginger.

Actually, this whole post is nothing but distracted. I haven't a clue why tea even made an appearance in a post that was supposed to be about a sock with a hole in it.

 That's what happens when you blather on snot-for-brains, I suppose. I'm going to stop typing now, before someone gets hurt.





And there's no coffee in this post because I don't like coffee. Just saying. Not even with chocolate-covered ginger...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails