Friday 8 April 2011

And how are you today, Dee?

Oh, passable, I suppose. Enough sleep happened that I'm feeling more functional, but it'll still take a while to catch up. If I ever do before the next round hits, of course.

It's also obvious from today's pointless photo that it'll be a while before any sort of gardening happens around here, but at least things are melting. It definitely improves the mood.

The weird thing, though, is that because the melt is happening so late the days seem out of proportion. We're getting way too much sunlight to still have this much snow, and it's honestly a little disorienting. Ah well, everything will no doubt catch up eventually, and then I'll be complaining about my springtime allergies instead...

No surprise there. If you don't hear (or, erm, read) me complaining about something it probably means that I'm some form of dead.

Anyway.

I just had to answer a phone call about chickadees (what? I had to work at work? It happens sometimes), so I've kind of lost my train of thought. Not that I had much of one to begin with, but now it's gone right on to the next station.

Chickadees, by the way, are some of my favourite birds. You know, just in case you wondered. They have regional accents, did you know? Around here the territorial call has three notes (we call it "cheeseburger"), but to the east it becomes more of a "fee-bee". I found that out when I worked with a fellow from Ontario one year. He was sort of sniggering -- in a nice way, though -- when I told a group of kids that the chickadees say cheeseburger... until he heard it for himself.

And, um, there's yer nature note for the day, I guess. I really should get back to actual work now. If you want more chickadee info, you can try here. If you don't, well, I suppose you can do something else.

Later, all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails