Friday 29 April 2011

Editorial comments in the office

A little while ago I put my Canadian Edition magnetic poetry set up on one of the filing cabinets in the office (and when I say Canadian Edition, I mean Edition That Contains Words That Americans Think Canadians Like. It's hilarious. Think beer, mountie, toque...). Obviously, it's there to be played with. I wouldn't have put it there if I hadn't wanted people to mess around with it. Obviously.

Is it equally obvious from the bottom sentence you see in today's pointless photo that we're in the middle of an election? Or at least obvious that some of the people who work here have definite ideas about the current state of Canadian politics?

Well, I thought it was funny.

I really have nothing today, you know.

I'd talk about the big wedding, but to be honest I thought the lead-up to it -- especially on American television, since the whole thing had not even the slightest tangential bit of importance to Americans -- was absolutely ridiculous and it kind of soured any interest I might have had. They seem like a relatively normal couple, especially considering his family's position, and I wish them more success than most royal marriages have had in the last thirty years or so, but that's about as far as it went for me. Oh, except for the dress. I'll admit to being curious about the dress, but that ties in with my general interest in historical fashion anyway so it shouldn't really surprise my two fans.

I thought the dress was nice. Flattering. But I also find it a bit weird that I've sent what's likely a very fuzzy picture of it via my computer monitor and my clunky phone camera (my phone's getting on in years) to the Ontario office. She's in the middle of a massive power outage and didn't get to see any of the coverage, you see.

Did I?

A little, yes, but only because I woke up at my usual time of stupid o'clock and figured that I may just as well turn on the TV since I was up anyway. Didn't see the ceremony, but I did see them leaving the Abbey.

Aaand that's all I've got for the wedding, really. I should explain that I'm not anti-royal (would I be if they lived here instead of England? Not sure on that one), but I can't get into things like this the way the royalists do. And as far as the collectors? Oh, I so much don't get them that I'm not even going to explore that particular blather road.



Anyway. I need to get back to work. Looking at the available words on the filing cabinet, do you suppose I should add something about my car being like a hot maple canoe to the current display of nonsense?

Sounds like a plan to me.

A silly plan, but a plan nonetheless.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails