Sunday 12 August 2007

Bloody weather

That's a quote, by the way. Some of you know from where.

The rest of you can google it, I guess.

----------

So, I didn't mention that I'd be blogging late today. That's only because I didn't know if I'd be blogging at all, though. You see, I was supposed to be hosting a star party for the peak of the Perseid meteor shower, which would have meant that my work day started at about seven pm and went on until godawful in the morning.

The fact that I'm here at the office blogging right now should tell you that the party's over. Er... sorry, that's a musical number that I'm too lazy to find a safe lyrics site to link to. The fact is, the party never started because we're completely clouded over.

Hard to see meteors through clouds, you know.

For those of you who can actually see clear sky, it should be a decent year for the Perseid shower since the moon's light won't be interfering. So go outside. Make me jealous. Dress warmly (we're getting to the time of year here where it cools down pretty sharply at night. If it doesn't where you are, then DON'T dress warmly. See if I care), bring the insect repellent, make sure you have something to recline on (it's much more comfortable that way) and just watch the the sky for a while.

That's the nice thing about meteor showers. You don't need anything more than yourself to enjoy them.



Oh, and you should probably only attempt this when it's actually dark outside. After midnight is best. Looking now would be completely pointless.

Pointless?

Perfect for the blog, then.





Gotta go pretend to be nice to people now. If you see meteors, don't tell me how it was. I'll just hate you, and neither of us needs that.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails