Thursday 30 August 2007

Creeeak

There's a very small lizard on my desk.

I don't really have anything to say about it, but I wanted to make the point that there is, in fact, a very small lizard on my desk.

Ok then.

----------

I'm going to try to keep this short today (for anyone keeping track, it was 4 am this morning. That's a whole extra hour. Yay me), so let's get right into it. I'm creaky. When I get up in the morning... er, no. Let's go a little bit later in the day. When I go down the stairs to the parking lot in the morning I'm never sure if my left ankle or my right knee is going to come along for the ride. It takes a while anymore to make sure that both of them are working.

Aren't I too young to be so creaky?

I don't have any big moral or anything. I'm just asking the question. Aren't I too young to be so creaky? And if I'm this creaky now, what will things be like in ten years? Twenty?

It's all a little disturbing.

I've always said that I can't figure out why people want to live to be a hundred (and for all those who said twenty years ago that I'd change my mind as I got older, I just want to point out that it hasn't happened so far), and to be honest I'm not sure how much I'm looking forward to the inevitable cane/walker (zimmer frame, for those across the water)/wheelchair that seems to be in my distant future.

Well, maybe a cane wouldn't be so bad. But only if it has bitchin' flames.

My knee problems are largely the result of a fall I took years ago (off of a bus. And shut up, world), but even my athlete of a brother says he's starting to feel the family joint problems coming on.

Yippee.

My relatives definitely do their part to keep the knee replacement surgeons in business, I can tell you.

Anyway, I'm going to tempt fate and take a walk now. Part of my job, believe it or not. Enjoy the lizard.

And no, it doesn't have a name.




Yet. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

Creaky. I have been trying this liquid glucosomine from Walmart for my joints. So far, I don't see any difference. Maybe I will go back to my fish oil.

Related Posts with Thumbnails