Tuesday 14 August 2007

Pointless something about a meteor shower

The pointless photo, by the way, is not of a meteor shower. They're in there somewhere, though.

Just because we can't see them doesn't mean they don't exist.

This'll be short today. I wasted time working on a fragment of semi-artistic something or other that might maybe make it onto the blog if I can get a niggle or two straightened out. We'll see.

It hasn't left me much in the mood for blogging, though.

I managed to get out for a while last night in the brief window we had between clouds and have a look at the Perseids. It's past peak now, yes, but there were still enough bright streaks around that I feel like I haven't completely missed it again this year.

Meteors, a couple of satellites, and a decent look at Jupiter even though it's getting kind of low on the horizon. I guess I can't complain too much.

Have I ever said that one of my favourite constellations is Corona Borealis? Well, if not... Corona Borealis is one of my favourite constellations. Something about the combination of the mythology, the actual resemblance to the crown that it's supposed to represent (not terribly common in constellations, as you find once you start learning the sky), and the fact that it's not the first thing you're going to be able to find when you look up at night.

You have to put some effort into Corona Borealis.

As opposed to a blog, which you can entirely fudge if you happen to be in that kind of mood.





I'm in that kind of mood. See you later.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails