Thursday 2 October 2008

Bugger

Sorry to those of you easily offended by the post title.

Wait. No. I'm not sorry. It's my blog, and I happen to like the word bugger. It's very useful at times.

You know, like the times when you realise that your snotty nose hasn't been caused by allergies (which would have been weird anyway, since my seasonal allergies tend to be spring ones) but instead marks the start of the Annual Fall Cold.

Bugger.

And pretty much a given when you work with school kids, I guess.

Anyway, I've got crud throat today. Yippee. It was nice of it to wait until I finished all five (seriously. Five. Overkill, anyone?) of my two-hour rock programs this week, but I'd be willing to bet it won't be gone before my four rock programs next week. Not to mention all the other non-rock-related programs next week.

Bugger.

Did I mention bugger already?





Ah well. I'm off to get some Nyquil (the only good thing about having a cold) and some socks. Yep, somewhere along the line I seem to have run out of socks. I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but if I don't buy some socks on the way home I'm going to have to come to work in my Christmas Penguin socks tomorrow.

Not that anyone would notice, of course, but it would completely be thumbing my nose at our current decent weather to come to work wearing Christmas Penguin socks.

Really it would.

And shut up, world. I'm sick, remember?








In oh so many ways...

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

It's a really eyebrow raising slang word in UK. Never use it over there. I thought it was just like, Oh shit. Nope. Much worse.

Related Posts with Thumbnails