Sunday 12 October 2008

Oh, something

Yep, I've been too busy playing around the internet to bother thinking about blathering.

Or blathing, which is what I just typed.

It's going to be that kind of a post, folks.





Ok, here's something. Probably a mostly nothing something, but we'll give it a try. I've been finding myself in the doodling mood a bit more often lately (these things sort of go in circles with me) and I was thinking about buying myself a Moleskine or two as a treat. Is anyone out there familiar with them? I know that they have quite a cult following and that a lot of people swear by them, but my main concern is whether I'd find the paper at all inspiring.

Erm, yeah.

I get inspired by good paper.

That's not weird.




And shut up, world.

The reason I ask this is that I find my field sketchbook decidedly UNinspiring. I mean, it has what it needs (that'd be a spiral binding, a hard cover for support, and reasonably heavy paper) for what it's supposed to do (that'd be to be used for sketching out in the field, naturally) but it's a boring, boring book. So boring that I'm not even going to tell you which company made it because I can't remember offhand. And I'm usually pretty good at remembering art paper.




Shut up. That's not weird either.

So anyway. To buy a Moleskine or not to buy a Moleskine. I know a couple of places where I could get a reasonably good deal on one, so the outlay wouldn't be a problem. It's just... will I use it? Or would it end up being yet another case of a good idea at the time that'll end up sitting empty in my apartment while I return to wasting the good old Canson 90lb drawing pad on mindless scribbles?

And for those looking to make a smartass comment right about now... NO, THE PAD DOES NOT WEIGH NINETY POUNDS. Didn't I already tell you to shut up anyway?

Um, sorry. Apparently this cold has made me a little bit moody.

I think maybe I should end before this post, which was ostensibly about harmless Moleskines, suddenly goes off on a strangely ranty tangent.

That sounds like a very good idea.

Happy Thanksgiving Turkey, for those who are eating it today. And for those who are eating it tomorrow... well, come back and read this when it better applies. I can't do everything for you people.

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

I would probably just store candy bars in it. I tried to start one of those country diary of an Edwardian Lady, with wildlflower sketches. Didn't happen. I ended up putting grocery notes, and phone messages in it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails