Wednesday 28 January 2009

So...

What does one say after several days of not posting followed by a couple of days of nearly-not-posting?

It seems like most of the stuff I would normally blather about has already passed its best-before date. I mean, I didn't even take the opportunity to complain about the SAG Awards red carpet, and it seems a bit late to do that now. In summary: ladies mostly boring; guys... bow ties? Heard of them? Oh, and I don't care if Angelina is ANGELINA -- she needs to stop going out dressed in a bag.

So there.

Now, what else?

Well, I can't even talk about the new season of Project Runway Canada because I haven't watched my recording yet. I was watching Scrubs (and... erm... wtf with the unnecessary muppetage, people? I like Muppets as much as the next person (possibly more than the next person, if the number of Muppet links that make it on to the blog are any indication), but superfluous muppeting is almost a crime. Even if Grover was there. And couldn't you have made it so that Elmo wasn't? Elmo gives me the shakes. To the point where he (he?) isn't getting a link. Oh, and here. Just because it was on the related videos list and I wanted to watch it.). I promise I'll watch Project Runway when I get home from work, though.

I know you were probably worried that I'd miss it.

Some of my two fans are possibly wondering what it is with me and Project Runway (and Top Chef, and Food Network Challenge...). Well... TLC doesn't show the bike building programs anymore. And I'm not talking about the Teutuls. I'm sure they're still on, but I kind of got over them once they moved into their third or fourth new building. No, what I'm talking about is that I like to watch creative people be creative. And if it's creativity under pressure, that's even better. And if it all goes horribly wrong, that's pretty good too.

And it's light entertainment that keeps me from getting to any of my own creating, of course. I have so many things that I should be doing instead of watching Project Runway, but I suppose I'll get to them later.

Maybe.

For anyone who hasn't experienced Project Runway Canada (especially any accidental visitors of the American persuasion), let me just say that it compares favourably with Project Runway in the States and Project Catwalk in the UK. Yes, I watch 'em all. Our version is missing Tim Gunn, sadly, but we do have Iman. I actually prefer her brand of aloofness to Heidi's, as difficult as that may be to believe.

And the designers? Canada can produce crazy and bitchy with the best of them, folks.

Anyway, I need to get to work. And don't be surprised to hear more about pointless television in the next little while, since there seems to be an embarrassment of riches(?) stockpiled on my dvr just now.

I lead such a full life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails