Monday 12 January 2009

Ties, dammit

Picture uploading's not going so well at the moment. I'll try again in a bit, but if it doesn't want to load I'm not going to fuss.

This'll be quick anyway, because I've been busy reading Golden Globe stuff and I should get to work now.

So. The Globes. Can't say I care who won, because it's all about the clothes and the drinking for me. Speaking of drinking, though, if we had been playing that lack-of-bow-tie drinking game I suggested a post or two ago, I would have been wasted within the first half hour of the red carpet coverage. Geez, people. Long ties do NOT belong with tuxes. As I said (well, texted) to the Toronto office last night, it looked like some bizarre shiny-suited business conference out there. Dressing up should meaning dressing somewhat differently than you do at the office, as far as I'm concerned.

And as for the ladies? Well, mostly safe and generally attractive. Cameron Diaz's choice of colour was pretty horrendous, however, and Marisa Tomei apparently thought she was going to a pirate-themed party. Drew Barrymore had Marilyn Monroe's hair (from one of Marilyn's more drugged-up, bedheady days), and Renee Zellweger? Well, all I really need to say there is that the first, long distance shot they had of her on the red carpet had me thinking that it was Sharon Stone.

Trust me, you never want anyone thinking that you've dressed up like Sharon Stone for an event. Unless, of course, you happen to be Sharon Stone. She probably doesn't mind being thought of as Sharon Stone-esque.

I have more, but as I said above I should be getting to work. Apparently my photo's not going to load today, so we'll do without pointless visual imagery until tomorrow. Oh, one more thing I wanted to mention, however: I always, always love reading the fashion "experts" after one of these things. I've only looked at a couple of slideshows today so far, but the two I've looked at were unintentionally hilarious because the experts had picked EXACT OPPOSITES for best and worst.

That pleases the evil in me more than I can even relate.

Later, all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails