Sunday 6 March 2011

About me

I'm not, in fact, a boot track. I might, however, take this space to mention that it's March, and I should not still have to be plugging in the car. This whole winter thing is getting stupid.

----------

On my other blog, one of the first things you'll notice is my Blogger profile. It's on the sidebar here too, but since the Ontario office is still a (phantom... who needs a good poking with a stick) co-blogger on this particular blog you'd have to click on my name to see the profile. Not that it's worth it. My Blogger profile says almost nothing about me, you'll notice. It says one thing that I am, one thing that I do, one thing that I'm not, one thing that I don't do anymore, and one thing that I dislike.

Very enlightening, I'm sure you'll agree.

When Blogger added the ability for static pages (the tabs you'll find just below the title) I thought maybe I should add an about me page to be a little more specific. I, um, wasn't all that successful. It got sort of sarcastic along the way, and while it does tell you a little bit more about me I'm sure you'd agree that it's not exactly a biography. The about me page on the other blog is a bit more conversational (and, at least, not in point form), but it's still not going to tell you a heckuva lot, really.

I guess I'm just not very good at writing about myself.

Part of it, I suppose, is that I'm not terribly comfortable with splashing the "me" me all over the internet. I'm under no delusion that people out there don't know who I am, of course (especially since a few of my two fans are family. I'd hope that they know who I am), but I still like having that slight curtain of alias when I do web things. There are very few places out there where you can find my full name, for instance. Other than work, I don't even have an e-mail address with my full name. I'm not on facebook by choice. I don't sign my posted doodles with anything but my initials (well... ok. So that has nothing to do with the internet. I never sign my doodles with anything but my initials). As far as I'm concerned, the cyberworld can just continue thinking of me as deeol. No caps on that, you'll notice. No reason, but no caps.

Incidentally, and somewhat weirdly, my father tells me that he has me listed as deeol on his new cell phone. Not sure of the why, there. Maybe because it was quicker to type?

Honestly, I think the reluctance to have myself as myself on the internet stems more from long-time habit than from any great fear that people might actually track me down, but that's how I've done things and it's how it's going to be staying, I'd imagine.

Another reason why my abouts are so massively unenlightening might be that I really don't know what people would want to know about me. Favourite colours? Childhood heroes? TV boyfriend? Tough luck on that last one if you do want to know, by the way. I don't have a TV boyfriend. I'm boring that way.

Maybe (and this ties in with the writing things down that I should be doing) it's time I did another random list on the blog. I haven't done one for a while, and it's a good way to fill space. If you searched the archives you'd probably be able to find at least one list of fifty things that I like; maybe I should sit down and figure out a list of fifty things about me.

But are there fifty things about me?

Hmm.

This might be a challenge for someone who's so very obviously bad at writing about herself.

Ah well. Stay tuned, I suppose. Or leave me a comment if there's something you do actually want to know about me. Who knows? I might even tell you if I'm in the right mood...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails