Thursday 31 March 2011

How you see it

Just to placate those of my two fans who are tired of me complaining about snow, I'll admit that yesterday we had an actual spring day here. Complete with melting and everything (which, naturally, caused some minor flooding in one of the creek beds since the ice isn't out yet and the meltwater had nowhere much to go). It's supposed to rain real, liquid water today instead of the white frozen stuff, so maybeee? Maybe there's hope that we'll see some green, growing things before July after all.

----------

Blogger told me today that there's some different ways to look at the blog now, if anyone's interested. Just add /view to the URL and you'll be given your choice of a few viewing options. Look for the drop-down list on the upper right corner.

So, given that I've made some specific choices about the way the blog looks on normal view, what do I think of all this monkeying around? Well...

I am sort of partial to Mosaic view, I suppose.

And I guess I'm not overly bothered either way.

The fact is that I've been putting a lot less effort into the way the blog looks these days because it's become too easy to make changes. Back in the old, pre-Google Blogger days when a person had to hand-code any changes she made, this particular person was a lot more into it. Somehow the challenge of trying to make things look the way I wanted to even with my extremely limited skill set made it interesting. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for punishment, I don't know.

I do know that, even though I've seen a great many nicely personalised templates out there, I'm far too ready to say oh, that's good enough these days rather than spend a few extra minutes to make it oh, that's just what I wanted.

All this is by way of saying that I've been thinking of making some changes again. This weekend? Maybe, if I'm in the mood and don't decide to be the responsible adult instead and do my taxes.





And yes, I'm finding it fairly sad that there's a possibility that responsibility will win out over creativity on this one.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails