Sunday 20 March 2011

gkihjt

The post title should be read as: Head Hits Keyboard.

Yeah.

Tired.

See, here's the thing. Yesterday neither Dad nor I got much sleep because we both knew he had to be out the door pretty early and we were both, I think, afraid that he might oversleep. I'm bad for that sort of anticipation, which is stupid. I darn near always wake up at stupid o'clock at the best of times, but when I (or, apparently, anyone else) have to actually be somewhere stupidly early I keep waking myself up in case I miss stupid o'clock.

It's stupid, did I mention?

Anyway, that was yesterday. Last night? Well, Max almost met his maker, I'm afraid. That cat's middle name should be pest sometimes, and last night Max Pest Ol decided that the night before's wakefest was FUN and we should be up over and over again because it's FUN!!!

It was not fun.

And tonight my door will be closed, even if it means dealing with hurt cat feelings the day after.

Yes, I'll be here tonight as well instead of going home, I'm figuring, and for two reasons. Number one is that I'm currently too tired to trust myself on the highway (and boy, do I wish that more people would know when they shouldn't trust themselves to drive), and number two is that we're having a snowstorm anyway.

You read that right. We're celebrating spring equinox by having more winter. Like we don't already have enough. Could be worse, I suppose, since the southern part of the province is supposed to get twice as much we are here. Doesn't make it easier to take, but it could be worse.

All of this snow nonsense is the reason for today's not-entirely-pointless photo, by the way. The flower bud belongs to a Prairie Crocus (also known as Pasqueflower since it's not the same thing as the European Crocus), and the parts of the yard where my father's crocusses will eventually be coming up are currently covered with at least half a metre of snow.

Spring. Right. Whatever.

Have a happy one if you're actually having it.

----------

To keep this post from ending on such a petulant whinge, I thought I'd update my fans on the shoulder hole situation. I'm sure you're dying to know, right?

Big day yesterday, believe it or not. I've switched to an even smaller bandage (and managed to get it on all by myself, too. I was worried about my ability to aim, but there was no point in asking my father to help because no one will be around to help most of the time) because the HOLE IS CLOSING.

Yay! Serious yay.

Things must have reached a tipping point yesterday, because when I took the dressing off after I showered the hole's look had changed noticeably. I'm still going to be wearing a bandage for a while, but it appears that it might not be for the weeks more that I was afraid of.

This was a big abscess, if I hadn't made that clear already.

Seems like the end's in sight now, though. I'm looking forward to not living my life as a biohazard anymore, as you can imagine, and my skin will be extremely thankful when it finally gets the chance to recover from all the adhesive.





That sounded a lot less grumpy than the first part, didn't it? Good. Time to stop typing then. If I can get my head to work there might be a bit more doodling posted on the other blog some time tonight, but if not I'll probably just sit staring into dead space for a while.

Oh, and periodically poking the cat. There's no reason he should get to sleep all day now, is there?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails