Friday 25 March 2011

All shook up

My first words upon getting to the office this morning were "I feel like I'm going to be sick" and "I'm shaking".

That would be because of what happened a couple of minutes earlier.





Oh, you're wanting details?

Well, I was driving down the street to the Nature Centre and just passing a school (well, the thing next to the school, but that takes too much explaining), when someone backed up very quickly into the street.

Icy street.

Without looking.

Straight into where my car would have been if I hadn't braked (read: slid like nuts) and swerved.

I stopped about a foot and a half from her minivan. No exaggeration.

And now I have a headache, and I'm looking forward even less to this afternoon's planetarium's shows than I was, if that's possible. And the courier hasn't arrived yet to pick up the equipment, so I have a feeling I'll be rushing to set up on site.

Not rushing on the slippery roads, though. There's probably at least one more idiot who's about to intersect my path yet today.

I just hope it's not quite so literally this time.

----------

And with that... well, I'll see you in a couple of days or so, since I likely won't have computer access on the weekend.

I'm sure you're getting used to intermittence, though.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails