Thursday 15 September 2011

J'Adorn

Does anyone actually get tired of the pointless photos having nothing to do with the daily blather on this blog. I do, sometimes. I was thinking that maybe I should work a bit harder at theme-ing my pictures this winter when there aren't flowers to takes shots of. And then I remembered that doing that would make the photos non-pointless. And then I worried that the blog would turn into a pumpkin. And then my brain started hurting, so I decided to stop thinking about it altogether. And so I started thinking about my jewellery.

That's right, jewellery.

I'm not a terribly jewellery-heavy person, really. I have a bit, of course; most women accumulate at least a little costume jewellery over their lifetimes (and yes, I know that some men do, too. I have opinions about men and their jewellery, though. Maybe I'll save that for another post) and I'm no different. I also have an uncle who seems to like buying his niece jewellery now and then, so because of him I've ended up with a few more pieces than I might have otherwise.

I rarely wear them.

It's not that I don't like them. I do. He has decent taste. It's just... well, let's face it. I work at a nature centre. My usual daily costume is a uniform t-shirt (and, erm, trousers, naturally. I'd have hoped you'd assume that, however). I spend a fair amount of time outside. It would look odd if I showed up here all gauded up, don't you think?

That's not to say that I'm completely unadorned. I usually wear earrings. Heart-shaped gold earrings joined together with a chain so that I don't have to look for two pairs for my double-piercings first thing in the morning. I've had them since I was a teenager. They're the ultimate in lazy. I also occasionally wear a ring or two. Today it's the cheap silver pinkie ring I bought at my hometown's trade show a few months ago. I'm pretty sure I blogged about it at the time, if you're interested in my cheap silver pinkie ring.

Yep. That's the state of the jewellery today. Not even a chain, since I generally wear my nerdstick on a lanyard and a chain would just tangle the works up.

I'm getting jewellery boring, really.

I've been thinking (for a while, really. I'm sure if you go back to last winter's posts you'll find that I was thinking of it then) that I should go through my jewellery box sometime. Reorganise, polish... maybe get reinterested in some of the things that I haven't worn for a while. It might be nice to not be boring for a change, don't you think? And there's always the bonus of laughing at the hideous 80s stuff that I know is still lurking in there. Might be worth a blog photo essay, even.

Ah, we'll see.

In the meantime?




Well, maybe I'll work my way up to putting my nerdstick on my keyring instead and putting on a chain or a necklace someday. I know it's a stretch, but I could probably handle it if I reeeally tried...

1 comment:

Sparroweye said...

Never realized how ocd your posts are and how your mind rambles. love it. Please keep the pointless pics. I loved the tiger lily. I walked to the local creek, half mile each way, up hill coming back. I was breathing like a freight train, but did not have a heart attack or stroke. I must get in better shape. I posted photographs of the creek. Sob. I remember, creek was one of my "must have's" in my house. And I settled for the mountain view. Oh well, I can always walk to this one. Maybe I'll buy a mountain bike. I only wear this very delicate pair of lacy gold earrings each day. Nothing else.

Related Posts with Thumbnails