Friday 9 September 2011

This may not be good

Don't worry -- this won't be another round of whinge. I'm feeling better today than I have for the past couple. Although... if I did want to complain I think I'd have a good deal to say about my cable company's customer service. Nothing out of the ordinary... which is unfortunate, when you think of it. Oh, and a piece of advice? Always remember not to call a call centre with a cell phone, even if you don't have a land line anymore. Find some other way to do it at all costs. That's at least twenty minutes of my air time that I'll never see again.

And why do they have to have such annoying music?

Um, anyway.

So, this morning I looked at the shoes I've been wearing for the past year and a half or so (winter not included, which I guess means that I've been wearing them for about five to eight months) and realised that it was time to introduce them to the dumpster on my way to work. Beyond salvageable, these were, but I got my money out of them so I'm not holding a grudge. Giving up on the shoes meant I needed something work-suitable to wear today, though, so I had a quick look through the old stock to see what I had lying around (now, bear in mind that I have a perfectly good new pair still sitting in their box waiting for shoe-dumpster day. No point in getting them out yet if there's something else usable, I figure. Better to save them for next season if at all possible).

I suppose I should explain here that because of my wonked-up ankle I have to be pretty careful with what shoes I wear on a daily basis. When I find a shoe model that doesn't cause me complete grief, I tend to stick with it. The shoes in the box are the same model -- but different colour -- as the shoes that are now bidding their fond farewell.

Have I already said anyway?

I found the previous iteration of the same shoes still sitting on my shoe rack, so I took them out to have a look. Pretty decent shape, really. Obviously worn a bit, but I couldn't quite figure out why I'd put them away in the first place. I put them on, grabbed my stuff, headed down to the parking lot, threw out my old shoes... and by the time I got to the car I remembered why the shoes I'd been wearing had been banished in the first place.

I go through periods where my ankle is really being a pain (literally) and I have to wear one of my braces every day. I hate ankle braces with a passion, but sometimes you just can't deny that you need the extra support. But ankle braces just aren't very good for shoes, unfortunately. Depending on the type of brace and the type of shoe, the brace can change the shape of the shoe enough that it doesn't feel right to wear the shoe without the brace. And that, my friends, must have been what happened to this particular pair of shoes, judging from the way my left foot has been sliding around today.

Sigh.

They're not lace-ups, so I can't adjust them.

I'm stuck with them for at least the weekend now, since I'm planning to go straight to my father's place from work.

Bracing against a shoe for a weekend might irritate my ankle to the point where I need to wear a brace for a while...






Bugger.

Ah well. At least if I have to wear a brace I now know that I have the shoes for it. I don't think I'll throw them out, but when I get home I'm going to put a big THESE ARE YOUR BRACE SHOES sticker on them before I put them away again.

And in the meantime?



Oh, I'll likely be complaining about the whole thing. It's one of my true talents, after all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails