Wednesday 23 January 2013

Ahhh.

Found my knife.

Ok, seriously? This is a letter opener. I think I may have picked it up in Hawaii (because where else would you decide to buy a mock-sword letter opener with a cloisonne sheath?). I've had it for quite a while at this point.

Interesting (well, maybe not so interesting) fact about me: I really like cloisonne work. The good stuff can be so beautiful, and even the cheap stuff (like you see here) has its moments. I guess it kind of goes along with my whole thing about real jewellery; why go with goldtone when real silver looks better? can fit right in with why wear fake diamonds when real enamelling can be so pretty?

Um... don't look too closely at the goldtone on the enamelled sheath up there, all right?

Anyway, I need to get back to work. Sorry for the lack of blather, but to be honest I kind of forgot to blog. Later, all.





Oh, and I really did find my knife, in case anyone was worried that I was still walking around unarmed. I feel much better now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails